Friday, March 18, 2016

It's Easy - How to live the christian life

 I'm haven't finished this yet but here is what I have so far.

OK the title of this post may be a little too adventurous but I do believe I have found the secret to living the Christian life and it's way easier than you might think.

After 51 years here on this earth and 42 of them as a Christian and the last 20 years having full knowledge of the bible, I have finally figured out how to live the perfect Christian life and it's so easy you won't believe it. Actually, I experienced a Divine intervention, a direct message from God, a miracle. Before you get too excited or think I am just another nut, let me finish. The Bible tells everyone this secret and in fact it's no secret at all. It's the application of this truth that is revolutionary.

OK here is the secret..... DON'T MISS THIS, it seems too simple or it may remind you of scripture you've already heard but don't dismiss this and repeat it over and over until you get it.

STEP 1. Wake up every morning and put Christ on the throne. OK what does that mean? It means you are no longer in charge, no longer responsible for good or bad, nothing is your responsibility, nothing is your fault, nothing matters including everything listed below and more...

Money, no longer your problem
Death, doesn't matter anymore (I will explain later keep reading)
Heath, looks, fame, wealth, the kids, your spouse, virtually nothing is your responsibility any longer.

Don't over think this at all, don't spiritualize it. What it means to put Christ on the throne is to wake up and say Jesus, you're in charge. I will stay the course and keep my commitments such as go to school or work, drive my kids to school activities and all the mundane chores of life. Mow the yard, clean the house, have a cookout etc... but you are in charge so if you want any changes made you tell me to make them and I obey no matter the outcome. I am no longer responsible for the outcome good or bad. It is Christ in and through me who makes the decisions.

Scripture to back up what I just said....
  • Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not. Matt. 6:27
  • Commit your way to the Lord; 
trust in him, and he will act. 
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, 
and your justice as the noonday. Psalm 37:3-6
  • But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” 
My times are in Your hand. Psalm 31:14-15
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart, 
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Step 2. Kill the old man. The person you were before must die. You know him/her, that person who commits sins, can't stop commiting sin, is addicted to sin. The person who gets in the way everytime you try to live a good life that honors God. 

How do I Kill it? The old nature. Starve it to death. Don't feed it and IT WILL DIE. It's simple, everything you hear or see that is contrary to the word of God, STOP IT. No more secular music or radio either. No more TV shows that curse, show skin or sex. Stop everything you ears can hear and your eyes can see that is sin. You know what sins you're attracted too, you know what get's you going. For me it was many things including country music. I loved country music. Why? Because 75% of the songs produced talk about love, sex, relationships etc... It was my little escape that lead me down the road to other sins and addictions. 

No more sex on TV or sex on radio. I know you can't stop it all but stop as much as you can.
No more carnal, secular music or TV.
The old man get's nothing. Starve him and he will die. Don't look at the opposite sex too long either. 

Step 3. Feed the new nature, the new person you became when you accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Every day listen to Christian music, talk radio, bible programs and read or listen to the bible. Many bible websites allow you to download an app and listen to the bible over your car radio. I found this to be very helpful and you can read through the bible much faster than reading a book. Amazon has plug-n-play bluetooth wireless devices starting at $25.00-up that can be used in any car with your smart phone.

Feed the new nature what it needs and it will grow strong and be able to fight the old temptations like a true hero.

Step 4. Repeat. Daily. Every day you do the same thing, wake up, put Christ on the throne, starve the old you and feed the new you.

If you make a mistake one day, all you have lost in one day. Start every new day using the steps above and you will overcome sin, make God happy, bear much fruit (lead people to Christ, feed hungry children, visit the prisoner, help widows and orphans). Everything Christ told you to do can be achieve when you yield your will and pickup His cross (will).

The hardest part is getting started. The first day was hard because I wanted to sin but I killed the old man and fed the new one. The next day was easier and the next and so on until it got much easier by the end of the first week. After a month it got easier and after a year it's set in stone. Do I still sin, yes but it is quickly overcome and if I burn and crash one day I start the next over new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment